BOARDMAN, Oregon — GreenWood Resources Boardman Tree Farm, USDA-ARS, and Washington State University are hosting a field day featuring bioenergy innovations on June 20. Attendees will learn about approaches to producing bioenergy feedstocks from intercropping system resources.
The field day agenda is as follows:
- 9 a.m.: Welcome and highlights of the day – Don Rice
- 9:15: Soil carbon sequestration of hybrid poplar & switchgrass – Harold Collins
- Intercropping of hybrid poplar and switchgrass – Steve Fransen
- Switchgrass growth responses over the growing season – Emi Kirmua
- Root cycling of switchgrass – Alex Crump
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45 to 11:30: Intercropping hybrid poplar – wood biomass – Grant Beauchamp
The field day is free and open to the public. Signs at Bombing Range Road in Boardman, Oregon, near the substation will direct attendees to the research locations. For direction to Bombing Range Road, use this map: http://bit.ly/ZpaCZT.