Do you think you know how to safely operate your microwave oven? Using microwaves as part of your food preparation are a great way to save time and energy. Here are some important safety steps from the Food and Drug Administration:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions manual for recommended operating procedures and safety precautions for your oven model.
- Don’t operate an oven if the door does not close firmly or is bent, warped, or otherwise damaged.
- Never operate an oven if you have reason to believe it will continue to operate with the door open.
- As an added safety precaution, don’t stand directly against an oven for long periods of time while it is operating. Also, keep your children from doing so.
- Avoid heating water or liquids in the microwave oven for excessive amounts of time.