Toasting WSU V&E achievements, June 2015
Did we mention the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates WSU Wine Science Center opened June 4?!
Caroline Merrell is pursuing her PhD in food science at the center with help from a recently awarded $3,500 American Wine Society Educational Foundation scholarship. The funds will go toward her wine chemistry research with WSU Enologist Jim Harbertson. Merrell is from Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, and received a B.S. in Chemistry from Bucknell University before studying at WSU.
The WSU Wine Science Center Grand Opening issue of Voice of the Vine would not be complete without recognizing the following two groups who were integral to its creation.
Wine Campaign Members
- Theodor Baseler, Committee Chair, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Steve Burns, O’Donnell Lane
- Martin Clubb, L’Ecole No. 41
- Dennis DeYoung, Grand Slam Licensing Inc.
- Jeff Gordon, Gordon Estate: Gordon Brothers Winery, Kamiak Vineyards
- Stacie Hamilton, Hamilton Cellars
- Matt Haskins, Southern Wine & Spirits
- Tom Hedges, American Wine Trade Inc.
- Lane Hoss, Mad Anthony’s Inc.
- Janet LeDuc, Washington Wine Country Consortium
- Kari Leitch, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Greg and Stacy Lill, DeLille Cellars; O Wines; Cashmere Corporation
- Jesse Lyon, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Norm McKibben, Pepper Bridge Winery
- Reed McKinlay, Wyckoff Farms; Coventry Vale Winery
- Rob Mercer, Mercer Estates Winery
- Rick Middleton, Anderson & Middleton Company; Middleton Family Wines
- Carol Munro, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Chris Sarles, Young’s Columbia Wine Company
- Lyn Tangen, Vulcan Inc.
- Don Transeth, School of the Legends
- Eileen Votteler, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
Wine Science Center Public Development Authority
- Rob McKinney, Chair, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- David Forsyth, Vice Chair, Zirkle Fruit Company
- Bob Tippett, Secretary, Tippett Companies
- Pat Dineen, Dineen Vineyards
- Tim Kennedy, Don Carlo Vineyards
- Coke Roth, Coke Roth Law
- Bruce Schwan, SCM Engineering
Do you know a WSU student, faculty member or alumnus who deserves a cheer? Submit their achievements to Voice of the Vine Editor Erika Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org!