Join the Washington State University Department of Crop and Soil Sciences for its 2015 Weed Science Field Tour from 1 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, June 17 at the R.J. Cook Agronomy Farm in Pullman.
The WSU Weed Science Tour educates growers and industry members on management of weeds, and provides the public with an opportunity to discuss ongoing research with faculty.
Registration is free and will begin at 12:30 p.m. at the Plant Pathology Building adjacent to the Cook Farm. Plot tours will begin at 1 p.m.
The tour will include discussions led by WSU researchers on weed management practices, light refreshments throughout the day, and a catered social hour after the tours.
Topics will include:
- Italian Ryegrass Control in Winter and Spring Wheat – Drew Lyon and Ian Burke
- Mayweed Chamomile Control in Winter Wheat – Drew Lyon
- Clearfield Wheat Tolerance to Beyond and Various Tank Mix Partners – Drew Lyon
- Weed Control in Chickpeas – Ian Burke and Drew Lyon
- Control of Eyespot Disease – Tim Murray
Idaho and Washington pesticide recertification and CCA credits have been requested. Additional information about the event can be found at smallgrains.wsu.edu/wsu-weed-science-field-tour/
If you have questions regarding the event, contact Drew Lyon at 509-335-2961 or at email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs who contact Emily Smudde at 509-335-1719 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the event.