PULLMAN, Wash. — Joe Brown, son of Doug and Tera Brown, 1105 Fidalge St., Sedro Woolley, and Cathleen Brown at 2319 Kristi Place, Ferndale was elected president of the Washington State FFA at the organization’s 69th state convention on the Washington State University campus last weekend.
Brown is from Ferndale High School.
Others elected were:
- Abigail Kammerzell, vice president, daughter of Tom Kammerzell and Barb Schluneger, 3202 McNeilly Road, Colfax. Kammerzell is also on this year’s Colfax parliamentary procedure’s team, which took first place in the state convention and will represent Washington at the national convention in October at Louisville, Ky.
- Emily Hyland, treasurer, daughter of Bill and Gail Hyland, P.O. Box 718 Leavenworth.
- Desiree Cordas, Sentinel, daughter of Denise and Tom Briggs, 5307 S. Vista Drive, East Sumner. Cordas has been the Sumner High School Chapter reporter and treasurer and took second place in the state FFA agriculture sales and marketing competition.
- Amanda McKinley, reporter, daughter of Dan and Krista McKinley, P.O. Box 144, Waitsburg. McKinley has been the Waitsburg Chapter secretary and District VI Vice President.
- Atiya Palmer, secretary, daughter of Rose and Madison Palmer, 610 S. Silverlake Ave., Medical Lake. She has been chapter and district president.
About 35 officer candidates competed for the six officer positions. Interviewing, testing and voting occupied three days.
More than 3,000 FFA members, chapter advisors and guests attended the 69th Washington State FFA Convention, which ended Sunday, May 16.
Kim Stoltz (509) 334-2207 or email@example.com
Joe Brown (360) 303-3422
Abigail Kammerzell (509) 397-6373
Emily Hyland (509) 548-4618
Desiree Cordas (253) 891-1858
Amanda McKinley (509) 337-6774
Atiya Palmer (509) 299-5340
– 30 –