PULLMAN, Wash. — Wheat growers face increasing market risk as government support programs disappear. How to manage that risk is the topic of “Risk Manage-ment, Protecting Your Business and Your Future,” a workshop scheduled Nov. 20 at the Hallmark Inn at Moses Lake.
Speakers and topics:
- Gayle Willett, Washington State University Cooperative Extension, “Risks and Consideration.”
- Peter Goldmark, a producer from Okanogan, “Your Market Plan.”
- Jon Newkirk, WSU extension economist, “Know Your Market.”
- David Paul, U.S. Department of Agriculture Risk Managment Agency, “Crop Inssurance.”
- Gary Hofer, director of the Washington Association of Wheat Growers’s Ris Education Awareness Program, “Know Your Broker.”
- Gary Roach of Drynan and Roach, “Financial Planning.”
A panel of growers will react to the presentations.
Registration begins at 8 a.m.; the workshop at 9 a.m.Registration fees vary. Pre-register by Nov. 17 for the lowest. Call the WAWG at (800) 598-6890, ext. 10, or WSU Cooperative Extension at (509) 659-3212 for details.
The workshop has been developed by WSU Cooperative Extension, the WAWG REAP Program and Big Bend Community College in cooperation with the BBCC Business Development Center and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Risk Manage- ment Agency.
– 30 –