PULLMAN, Wash. — Videos of the Pacific Northwest STEEP III Conservation Farming Conference, held Jan. 7-8 in Kennewick, Wash., now are available through Washington State University Cooperative Extension.
“About 300 Northwest growers and agricultural support people attended the conference. Now we want to make the content available to the thousands who couldn’t attend,” says Roger Veseth, WSU-University of Idaho conservation tillage specialist.
Speakers and visual materials were videotaped during presentations. There are six 2-hour tapes on specific focus session topics, which include:
- Conservation Reserve Program Take-Out Strategies and Considerations.
- Plant Disease Control in Conservation Farming Systems.
- Three Presentations on Internet Information Access, Grass Seed Field Burning, and Wind Erosion Control.
- Crop Rotations and Flex Cropping for Conservation Farming.
- Grass Weed Management in Conservation.
- New Opportunities for Precision Agriculture.
Videos may be borrowed, or purchased for $15 each. To do either, contact Marguerite Winterowd, Crop and Soil Sciences Department, P.O. Box 646420, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164-6420. You also may call her at (509) 335-2915 or e-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the videos themselves should be addressed to Roger Veseth, Plant Soil and Entomological Sciences Department, UI, Moscow, ID 83844-2339. His telephone number is (208) 885-6386. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
– 30 –