PULLMAN, Wash. — Eastern Washington wheat growers will learn about advanced marketing tools at six free workshops scheduled from Jan. 18 to Feb. 8.
Topics covered will include historical marketing plan development, strategies versus tactics, using futures hedges, cash contracts and variations, using option hedges, forward contracting, and alternatives to storage.
Speakers include Mike Kruger of MK Commodities, Portland Ore.; Gary Hofer of Hofer Risk Management Associates of Walla Walla and representatives from Country Hedging, Inc.
The workshops are scheduled
- Jan. 18 at the Washington State University Spokane County Cooperative Extension office, Spokane.
- Jan. 19, at Big Wally’s, Coulee City
- Jan. 25, at the American Legion Hall, Ritzville
- Jan. 26, at the Doubletree Hotel, Pasco
- Feb. 1, at the Community Hall, Connell
- Feb. 8, at the Public Service Building, Colfax
The workshops are sponsored by the Washington Association of Wheat Growers, WSU Cooperative Extension and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Call the Washington Association of Wheat Growers at (800) 598- 6890 for further information and to register.
– 30 –